Edwards & Plumb operates the www.edwardsandplumbproperty.com website, which provides UK property concierge services.
Our contact details
Name: Jordan Daniel Edwards & Lucy Charlotte Elizabeth Plumb
Address: Jubilee House, East Beach, Lytham St. Annes, England, FY8 5FT
Phone Number: 07485548638 / 07485548712
In this document you will find information on:
· What is personal information?
· The type of personal information we collect?
· How we obtain the information and why we require it
· How we store your personal information
· How long we store your personal information?
· Your Data protection act rights
· How to complain
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that reveals us something about you as an individual. This could include your name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Full name
· Contact details including email address, postal address, telephone phone number
· Photographic identification (such as a passport, driving licence or other identification card.
· Form of documentation with proof of your place of residence I,e a recent utility bill or bank statement
· Bank statements and or proof of funds when purchasing or renting a property
How we obtain the information and why we require it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or submitted by your through our website for one of the following reasons:
· To use your personal information for the purpose of letting, managing and sourcing activity
· We will share your information with appointed solicitors and other property agents acting for the other persons involved with the sale or purchase of the property
· In the case where we manage your property and we are required to contact you in an emergency
· We will share your data with third party referencing agencies for the purpose of preventing crime / fraud or money laundering. We will also ensure any potential tenants are suitable to rent any property in which the landlord instructs/ This will require the referencing agency to hold your data.
· To arrange for the contract of sale or lease and whilst agreeing to the ‘terms of business’
· To meet anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing requirements.
· Whilst managing your property from time to time we will require your information to be passed onto contractors for all repairs.
· From time to time we may use your personal data to contact you for marketing purposes.
When we will use the information that you have given us
· In order to perform the contract, we have entered into with you as a client
· Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
· Where we are required to share your details with either party entering a contract i.e potential tenants and landlords, even where this does not result in a signed AST.
· Where we are required to pass your details onto referencing agencies when letting or managing your property.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored using Zoho client management system. Zoho - Cloud Software Suite and SaaS Applications for Businesses . Access is restricted and only employees at Edwards & Plumb Property Holdings Limited are able to access the information for legitimate business purpose.
Whilst we do try to avoid having paper copies or any hard copy documents, if we are required to keep these for any reason they will be stored in locked cabinets.
Any hard copies will be shredded once they have been uploaded to our secure client management system.
How long we store your personal information
The time period of which we keep your personal information will vary depending on the service you have requested from us. By law we are required to keep most documentation for a period of 6 years however this period can be extended without prior notice if we are retaining your details in case of a legal matter.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us in writing at Edwards & Plumb Property Holding Limited, Jubilee House, East Beach, Lytham St. Annes, England, FY8 5FT
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk